All 12 of our locations are certified Green Shops.
What is a Green Shop?
Arizona Green Shops are automotive facilities that have found reasonable and cost-effective ways to protect our environment and conserve resources. These facilities go beyond the government environmental regulations all automotive repair facilities must meet. They examine their front-office processes, parts-management programs, housekeeping, parts cleaning and degreasing, fluid recycling, and energy-use policies to reduce or prevent pollution.
Green shops must qualify in two major areas – Preventing Pollution and Conserving Resources.
- Cleaning and Degreasing – Use low-hazard, low-pollution solvents or water-based cleaning.
- Waste Fluids – Recycle and reuse fluids whenever possible.
- Housekeeping – Practice spill prevention, seal shop floors, recycle oil.
- Energy Conservation – Save energy with efficient lighting, “green” office equipment, energy-efficient air conditioning.
- Water Conservation – Properly maintain plumbing, install low-water use fixtures, use desert landscaping and dry-floor clean-up procedures.
- Waste Reduction – Reduce paper use, recycle as many other materials as possible, buy and use recycled products when practical.
For more information and resources, please visit the websites below: