Tucson Auto Repair Service From The Car Care Experts.
Auto Repair and Maintenance Done Right.
BRAKEmax has all of the auto repair services you need to keep your vehicle in top condition. Whether you need basic services like oil changes and brake repair, or more challenging mechanical services like transmission repair or car AC repair, one stop at BRAKEmax gets it done.
More Than Brakes: Complete Auto Repair Care.
We’ve been serving the auto repair needs of southern Arizona residents and businesses since 1997. Our ASE Master mechanics have the expertise to service nearly every system in your vehicle. You can turn to BRAKEmax for everything from check engine light service and wheel alignment, to front-end repair and transmission repair. We also offer a range of mileage maintenance packages, hybrid auto service, auto glass replacement, and much more.
Need New Tires Fast? We Have You Covered.
Tire problems can’t wait—when you need a tire shop that can safely and efficiently replace or repair your tires at a price you can afford, call Tucson’s tire experts at BRAKEmax first. Our tire services include tire rotation, wheel balancing, and tire repair, and we regularly offer great deals and discounts that help you save money while keeping your car safely running. Our manufacturer-trained tire mechanics will help you find the right tires for your specific needs at a price you can afford without sacrificing quality and safety.
Keep Your Fleet In Top Condition.
BRAKEmax offers fleet service and repair programs that help your business stay up and running on the road. Our fleet repair experts are ready to meet the needs of commercial customers through a fleet maintenance company, private account, or large-scale commercial account.
Via the Goodyear National Account and Firestone National Account programs, we accept a wide range of fleet cards, including Element Fleet Management, Enterprise Fleet Management, GE Capital Fleet Services, and many more. BRAKEmax also offers commercial account service at each of our locations, with commercial account representatives available to help you replace your existing program or use our accounts to work with your current program.
Customer Service You Can Count On.
You can always count on BRAKEmax for excellent, professional auto service. Because we are not part of a national chain—and each of our managers are partners with equity ownership—we have a personal, vested interest in ensuring that every customer has the best possible experience.
All of our locations have the state-of-the-art equipment, certified auto repair mechanics, and quality standards this designation requires. BRAKEmax also offers several Green Locations that have met environmentally friendly business practice guidelines.
Whichever BRAKEmax location you choose, you’ll find a clean, comfortable waiting area, plus an office area where you can use our customer phone or charge your laptop or phone. We’re also glad to provide free customer shuttle service to your home or workplace.
Free Auto Repair Estimates Before Work Begins.
You’ll never be unpleasantly surprised by the costs of our auto repair services. Every customer receives a detailed written estimate for all repairs before any work gets underway. You can even take advantage of our convenient online car repair quote, which will give you an idea of what your repair may cost before you come in for an inspection and a final, written estimate.
Extended Warranties For Your Peace Of Mind.
BRAKEmax offers an affordable warranty for 24 months or 24,000 miles on auto repairs we’ve performed. Extend the life of your vehicle and save on major auto repairs, and get a 12-month roadside assistance benefit at no extra cost to you.
More Ways To Save on Auto Repairs in Tucson.
Every week, you’ll find coupons on a variety of tires and auto repairs and services on our website. Just show them on your phone or print out your coupons to use at any BRAKEmax location.
Be Prepared For Unexpected Auto Repairs.
Some types of car trouble happen without any warning, which can put a sudden strain on your household budget. To help make sure our customers can quickly take care of auto repairs, we’ve partnered with financial providers to offer BRAKEmax credit cards and other financing options, including:
- The exclusive BRAKEmax VIP CFNA credit card, which offers a dedicated line of credit for car repairs, no annual fee, low monthly payments, and a simple application process.
- The Goodyear credit card, just for tire specials and six-month special financing. Benefits include eligibility for double rebates on Goodyear Tire purchases, no annual fee, low monthly payment, and no interest if paid in full within six months (minimum monthly payments required).
- The Synchrony Bank CarCareONE card, with no interest if paid in full within six months when you purchase $199 or more.
Request An Auto Repair Service Appointment in Tucson.
Don’t have time to request an appointment until after hours? That’s no problem—request an appointment anytime online. Just choose the location that’s most convenient for you, provide a few details, and we’ll get back in touch to schedule a specific appointment time.
Tucson Auto Repair FAQs
Do I have to have my car serviced by the dealer to protect my warranty?
What is preventive maintenance?
Regular preventive maintenance services are important for keeping your vehicle in good repair and helping you avoid potential problems. At BRAKEmax, you can get car maintenance service at any of our locations. Our ASE-certified auto mechanics have the training and experience to perform all of your scheduled maintenance either at certain mileage milestones or whenever you feel you need to have your vehicle inspected.
Depending upon whether you choose our 15,000-, 30,000-, or 60,000-mile service package, our scheduled maintenance packages include services such as:
- Lube, oil, and filter change
- Check and fill fluid levels
- Replace air filter
- Check wiper blades
- Brake inspection
- Check the car battery and charging system
- Replace fuel filter
- Check differential
- Inspect belts and hoses
- Complete courtesy check
What should I do when my “check engine” light is on?
How often should I get a tune-up?
Does BRAKEmax offer any type of extended warranty program?
What benefits does BRAKEmax have for businesses?
We know how important it is to our commercial customers to keep their fleets maintained and on the road. Our commercial account representatives are available to work with or replace your existing program. These are just some of the benefits we offer our commercial customers:
- A single point of contact to streamline service
- A standardized process for work authorization and accountability
- Preventive maintenance schedules/fleet service and repair
- Citywide coverage for convenient service
BRAKEmax also has a standardized, nationwide warranty program available to our commercial account holders, as well as customized fleet cards available on request.
Are local auto repair shops cheaper than dealerships?
Yes. In general, you’ll usually end up spending less on auto repair and maintenance at a local Tucson car repair shop than you would at a dealership. In many cases, as long as the local shop has ASE-certified auto mechanics and uses high-quality parts and fluids, you can get dealer-quality service at a lower price point.
It’s also important to note that you don’t have to go to the dealership for service work to maintain the warranty coverage on your vehicle. Under U.S. law, dealerships legally cannot try to void your warranty based on where you take your vehicle for preventative maintenance or auto repair service. You have the right to take your vehicle to any mechanic that you want.
Of course, the exact cost of repair work will depend on the make and model of the vehicle and the specific problem. But, here at BRAKEmax, our trained auto repair and maintenance experts provide top-quality service that meets or exceeds the level you’ll get at any dealership while meeting all of your vehicle’s service needs.
How can I avoid expensive car repairs?
It’s a simple fact that the better you take care of your vehicle, the longer it will run at its best. This means less money is spent on expensive auto repair over time.
There are several specific things you can do to help keep your vehicle running smoothly:
Follow the recommended maintenance schedule: This includes oil changes, tire rotation, and other preventative maintenance services. In doing so, potential problems will be caught early on and you’ll avoid major car repair needs down the road.
Pay attention to early signs of trouble: If you notice any unusual behavior with your vehicle, it’s important to have it checked out right away. Ignoring early warning signs can lead to much bigger and more expensive problems.
Have an auto mechanic that you trust: You can save both time and money over the long run by having a mechanic who knows your vehicle and can diagnose/fix problems quickly.
Maintain safe, patient, and aware driving habits: Aggressive driving, hard braking, and fast acceleration put a lot of stress on your vehicle, which can lead to costly repairs. You can extend your vehicle’s lifespan and save money in the long run by driving more carefully.
Can I ask a car mechanic for a quote?
Yes! You should always ask the car mechanic for a quote (aka estimate) before starting any auto repair. There are some important things that the estimate should specify, including:
- A detailed breakdown of the specific proposed service work
- A line-item list and a total of the cost of parts and labor involved in the project
- A clear statement that customer approval will be needed to exceed the estimated total by a certain dollar amount or percentage
A lot of future problems between you and the auto repair shop can be prevented by getting a quote before work is started. One reason for this is that it actually serves as a form of contract between the customer and the shop. Plus, insurance companies usually require a written estimate before paying for repairs under your coverage.
What car maintenance do I actually need?
You’ve probably heard before that regular car maintenance is vital for ensuring that your vehicle runs its best and lasts longer. But, with so many vehicle service tasks, it’s totally common to wonder which ones are really needed.
Of course, the exact answer depends on the specific vehicle. But, generally speaking, the maintenance routine for your vehicle should include:
- Oil change service: An engine oil change should be done every 3,000 to 7,500 miles, depending on the type of oil.
- Filter replacement: This includes the replacement of your oil, air, and fuel filters. Vehicle performance can be significantly reduced by dirty/clogged filters.
- Fluid inspection and replacement (as needed): Optimal operation of your vehicle is impacted by the quality of the fluids, including the transmission, brake, and power steering fluids, as well as the coolant. So these should be regularly inspected and replaced as needed to prevent costly damage.
- Brake service: Your vehicle’s brake system should be periodically checked. If you notice loud squealing (or other unusual noises) when stopping, have your vehicle inspected ASAP for brake repair and service.
- New car battery installation (as needed): Since most vehicle batteries usually last roughly three years, you’ll occasionally need to have your car battery replaced. It is important to note that not using the vehicle for long periods and extreme temperatures can reduce the lifespan of batteries.
- Belt/hose maintenance: These components experience a significant amount of wear and tear, so car belts and hoses should be frequently inspected for cracks, leaks, and other damage and replaced when needed.
By having the above service done routinely, your vehicle will stay in good condition and run its best for longer. Plus, you’ll also be building a good working relationship with your auto mechanic.
How do I know if an auto mechanic is legit?
When you need auto repair, that in itself can be stressful. So, wondering if you can trust the mechanic should not have to be an additional stressor.
There are several specific things you should be looking out for to ensure that you get a professional car mechanic that is legit, including:
- ASE certification: This professional certification only goes to a mechanic that has spent a significant amount of time training in both auto repair and maintenance and has proven that they have the skills to provide high-quality service.
- They only use high-quality fluids and parts: A good auto shop will only use premium fluids and OEM parts. When that is the case, you can be confident that your vehicle’s specs/needs are being perfectly matched, and you’ll get the performance you expect.
- A full range of auto services are offered: Your car mechanic should be able to handle all of the auto repair services your vehicle needs (or might need). If the auto repair shop is truly a one-stop shop for all things car care, you’ll save both time and money over the long run.