Brake Repair & Service at BRAKEmax in Catalina
The experts at BRAKEmax Tire & Service Center offer the best service on brakes near you. Our ASE-certified specialists want to partner with you to protect the investment you have in all your vehicles.
Brake service at BRAKEmax includes:
- Inspection of brake friction and hydraulic system
- Resurface rotors and/or drums where applicable
- Replacement of premium-grade brake pads and/or shoes or brake calipers
- Check and repack wheel bearings if applicable
Schedule a Brake Check Every 6 Months Or 6,000 Miles
The industry standard is to have your brakes checked every 6 months or 6,000 miles. BRAKEmax locations offer FREE brake checks, which you can add to your routine oil changes or tire rotations.
The brakes on vehicles wear differently, depending on driving conditions and how the car is driven, so the frequency of brake checks that’s right for your car or truck may differ.
Warning Signs You May Need Brake Service
If you notice less resistance in your brake pedal, schedule an appointment right away to make sure your vehicle stays safe to drive.
Watch for any of these others signs that it’s time for brake service:
- Thumping or grinding sounds
- Yellow puddles of brake fluid
- Stopping requires more distance
- Pulling to one side when braking
- Vibration in the pedal when braking
- Soft or spongy brake pedal when stopping
- ABS light on dash illuminated
- Vibrations when stopping
- Less than ¼ inch on brake pads
After your inspection, our brake specialist will give you a free quote of any work that is recommended. We will be glad to answer questions you have on either the inspection or the quote.
BRAKEmax is committed to your safety as well as adding value every time you visit our shop. Check out our coupons to save money on your brake repairs or service.
You Can Help Your Brakes Last Longer
There are some easy, practical actions you can take to lengthen the life of your brakes:
- Avoid making quick, last minute stops whenever possible.
- Don’t tailgate.
- Don’t drive with one foot on the brake all the time.
- Heavy objects in the back seat or trunk are hard on your brakes.
Short on time? Reserve Our Free Concierge Service
We want to maximize your time when your car needs service or repairs. We will pick your vehicle up at your place of work or your home (within three miles of our Catalina auto repair location) and bring it in for its scheduled inspections or repairs. Upon completion, your car will be sanitized at all contact points and then returned to you.