Car AC Repair in Tucson, AZ
Beat the spring rush — schedule your A/C check today.
Come to the experts at BRAKEmax Tire & Service Centers for special savings! Our A/C Service Special includes:
Belt and hose connection check
- Complete evaluation and recharge available
Start saving today: Request your A/C service appointment and view our A/C deals
Keep cool with regular A/C maintenance
Without regular maintenance, your vehicle’s air conditioner can lose about five percent of its original efficiency every year. Don’t wait until your A/C starts blowing warm air—make sure your A/C stays in top condition with service from our factory-trained A/C professionals.
Schedule your A/C service now.
Trust our ASE-certified technicians for award-winning service and complete car care. We’re open six days a week from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for your convenience.
We understand how imperative it is that your vehicle is in proper working order. Because of this, we are introducing a new program designed with your security in mind.
The BRAKEmax Delivery Program is a no-cost concierge service to help you eliminate unnecessary trips outside your home. We will pick up your car from your location (within three miles of BRAKEmax) and return it to you free of charge after services have been completed.
Your peace of mind is as important to us as it is to you. We promise to continue to do everything in our power to eliminate uncertainties and make your life easier. We hope that the BRAKEmax Delivery Program demonstrates our commitment to you, ensuring that you can safely be on the road when you need to be.
BRAKEmax is Tucson’s top choice for tire services and repairs including tire rotations and wheel balancing. Our ASE-certified technicians use state-of-the-art tire equipment to efficiently and safely repair or replace your tires at a reasonable price. From road-force balancers, computerized alignment machines and procedures developed by the Rubber Manufacturers Association, there is no better place to get your tires serviced. We can help you with the following services:
WOULD REFER FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO US
BRAD R Customer since 2020
Good group of guys there and was driven back to work after dropping it off
CHRISTINA J Customer since 2020
First time at this new location near Costco Marketplace, Tucson. I asked to expedite oil change service in order to accommodate another appointment within the hour. They did everything to get me in and out quickly. Thoroughly inspected vehicle and found several additional recommended services from which we prioritized service and follow-up. I did not feel pressured and felt there was a strong customer care ethic in place. Clean and comfortable waiting room. I even think my car came back to me cleaner than when I left it. Very satisfied with service and would return and recommend to others.
Is your air conditioning system blowing hot air? If so, it needs to be inspected by a qualified professional. You can cause damage to an air conditioning system, which isn’t blowing cold by engaging the compressor or merely ‘topping off’ the refrigerant. There are a number of factors that can cause an ac system to work inefficiently or improperly – some mechanical, some chemical. To get to the root problem, schedule an auto ac repair.
Car Air Conditioning Services in Tucson
A properly functioning air conditioning system is a must in Tucson, especially during the summer months. If your car is failing to cool, bring it BRAKEmax for an air conditioning service. Our ASE-certified technicians will inspect the physical components of the system for leaks, the fittings on the connections and service ports, and look for any other signs of trouble. During this inspection, a technician will determine if you need an auto air conditioning repair.
Cabin/Air Conditioning Filter Replacement
Your air conditioning filter can affect your system’s performance. A clogged cabin air filter causes your blower motor to overwork, overheat, and suffer from premature failure. Not to mention the fact that impeded airflow requires you to turn your AC up higher, having yet another negative impact on your fuel economy. BRAKEmax can replace your air cabin filter and help restore your AC system to its normal function.
AC System Basics
The air conditioning system in the modern automobile is tremendously complex. There are a number of parts, which comprise your system, such as the compressor, receiver/drier (accumulator), orifice tube or expansion valve (filter) and more. Watch this video to learn how your air conditioning functions.
Frequently Asked Questions
The most obvious sign is no longer feeling cold air coming from your vehicle’s air conditioning system. There are, however, other signs that it may be time to bring your vehicle in for car air conditioning services. You may notice these warning signs before your car AC starts blowing warm or even hot air:
- Moisture inside the passenger compartment: Your car’s air conditioning system doesn’t just cool the air—it also dehumidifies it. The moisture that’s pulled from the air normally drains away outside of your car via the evaporator in the system, and you’ll usually notice it dripping after you’ve parked. If a hose or drain in the AC system gets blocked, the water that should flow through to the exterior can back up and drain into your car’s interior. Evidence of water on your floorboard may point to this problem.
- Unusual noises: The only normal sound that should come from your vehicle’s AC is the whirr of the fan, or blower. Other noises, such as rattles or clicks, can be caused by twigs, leaves, rodent nests, or other debris, or you may have a condenser that’s in need of repair.
- Odors: The air coming from your car air conditioner should be odorless. If it’s not, you may have a mold or mildew problem. Humidity, condensation, or other sources of moisture can cause mold and mildew to grow in the cold, damp environment of your system. Since some people can have serious allergic reactions to such microorganisms, it’s important to have your air conditioning system promptly checked.
The air conditioning systems in modern vehicles are surprisingly complex with quite a few components that may fail. That’s why it’s important to have a professional inspect your system to determine the cause of AC problems.
We don’t recommend it. Each vehicle is a bit different and the system capacity varies as well. Some AC systems may take only a few ounces of refrigerant while others need more. The only way to determine how much refrigerant is in the system is to evacuate it. Otherwise, over-charging—which can be just as bad as under-charging—may occur. We recommend bringing your vehicle to BRAKEmax for an inspection and estimate.
Air conditioning systems in vehicles depend on the movement of refrigerant through the system to function properly. That movement is the result of the pressurization of refrigerant by the compressor, which liquifies the refrigerant and forces it into the condenser.
Like most of the parts in a vehicle, the AC compressor suffers some wear every time it’s in use and will eventually need service. When your air conditioner isn’t blowing as cold as it should, the condition of the compressor is one of the first things that should be checked.
In addition to higher-than-normal temperatures, one of the warning signs that your compressor may be on the verge of failure is loud noises caused by broken compressor components or failing or seized bearings. You may hear grinding noises and squeals while the compressor is running. A seized compressor clutch—the part that enables the compressor to turn only when it needs to be turning instead of staying constantly engaged with the engine—may also be the source of the problem.
While some compressor parts can be repaired or replaced, it’s often more efficient and economical to replace the entire AC compressor. The ASE-Certified technicians at your nearest BRAKEmax location can inspect AC system components, diagnose the problem, and recommend your best course of action. Book your appointment for auto AC repair today.
Most vehicle owners know that Freon is the refrigerant in a car AC system, but may not know that there are different types of Freon.
Freon is a brand name used to refer to several different refrigerants. Years ago, car air conditioners used R-12 Freon, but it was outlawed by the EPA because its chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) contribute to the depletion of the ozone layer. A new cleaner, safer Freon formula is used today.
An AC recharge may be needed when your refrigerant gets low and your AC system is no longer cooling properly. There is no standard service or maintenance schedule that dictates when a recharge should be done.
If your BRAKEmax technician determines that you do need an AC recharge, the system will be checked for refrigerant leaks. If there is a leak, it will be repaired, but if not, the system may need to have all of the refrigerant removed (or “evacuated”) and then refilled to the proper level.
Finding DIY tips for car ac repair on the internet may be easy, but fixing it yourself is not. Simply accurately diagnosing an AC system can be difficult, not to mention going about correcting any problems you may be able to identify. These are many reasons AC repair should be left to trained professionals; here are just a few:
- Repairing a malfunctioning air conditioning system can be dangerous—Freon is toxic and should not be allowed to escape into the atmosphere. It must also be handled according to EPA rules and disposed of properly.
- Today’s car AC systems involve electronics that are becoming increasingly complicated with every new model year. Sophisticated computer systems are what allow for climate control features such as dual- or multi-zone controls over different areas within the cabin in luxury vehicles. The experienced technicians at BRAKEmax have the tools and the up-to-date knowledge to evaluate all of your system’s components, including the electronics.
- You may void your vehicle’s warranty if you attempt DIY repairs on your vehicle’s air conditioning system. The good news is that you are not required to go to the dealership—you can keep your warranty in effect by having the factory-trained repair technicians at BRAKEmax take care of your car AC problems.
- Most car owners don’t have the same grade of tools and equipment that professionals have. The right tools, equipment, and technicians are the best way to ensure the job is done right.
BRAKEmax Tire & Service Centers has all of the AC services you need, including:
- Compressor checks
- Condenser cleaning
- Performance tests
- Leak checks
- Belt and hose connection checks
- Complete refrigerant evacuation and recharge
- And much more!
Like almost all types of repairs, the answer depends on your particular vehicle, its age, and the specific problem. To help our customers save on AC system repairs, BRAKEmax regularly offers coupons and special deals on our services. Be sure to check back often for new discounts on the services you need!